Traduire / Traduzir

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Miss West Africa Canada volunteering update

Nina Erhabor has been updating us on some of her charity work, and you can read more about her and keep up with her activities here: Miss West Africa Canada


So, besides hanging out with family friends and partying, I also enjoy volunteering; especially because my program & commitment to my school's dance team left me with a schedule that was way to intense for me to keep a real job & my parents help me financially. So I figured, I could sit at home & spend even more time being unproductive on facebook ooor give back to the community !

In the past year alone, I have been volunteering for PARN(PeterboroughAidsRegionalN​etwork), Trent's Relay for life, For RCCG (Redeemed ChristianChurchofGod as a piano player & children's & youth ministry), Organized and choreographed dances for the Black History Month Assembly for Henry Street Highschool, Served food at the Brock Mission Shelter in Peterborough, Volunteered for Shelters in Toronto (St. Joes & Emily's home), Fundraising for Feed the Children etc.

Being part of the Trent Dance Team has also allowed me to give back to the community as we performed for many different charitable organizations and events such as, Walk for water, the United way, and Feed the Children. These are all just from last year, you can contact me if you want to know what I've been doing for volunteer work prior lol! This title has provided me with many more volunteering opportunities & I can never be grateful enough! July is gonna be a busy month for MWAC so stay tuned for more pictures!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...